Sunday, February 24, 2013

Granny's Closet

Hi friends!  Hope you are having a great weekend.  It was rainy here and the mister said something about earning double points in his video game this weekend ... all that added up to just more sewing time for me!  :-)

Despite having about a dozen projects I should've been working on, I ended up making 9 granny's square blocks and another Scrappy Trip Along block!  I blame the sudden desire to make little granny's entirely on Clara!

For my grannies, I used some 2.5" inch squares that I cut from the Millie's Closet panel.  The panel squares are 6" so it was easy to trim them down and get lots of different prints from a fairly small piece of fabric.


It's pretty basic for these smaller granny squares (just one ring around the middle, instead of 2 rings).  I started with a basic 9 patch.


Then I added half square triangles (cut from 3" squares) to the sides.  I like to use a larger square for the triangles so I have a little more room for trimming them down.


Then trimmed them down (0.25" from the points).


My blocks finished at 6.25" square. It's too dark to take pictures of all of them now, but I did even get the rows sashed together!

That's all for now.  What have you been making this weekend?

Happy Sewing!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. That is such a cute block. I really have to try these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty... I made piece by piece the granny squares and printed the tutorial for strip and was looking to do that but this is adorable... perhaps... thanks lots of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)