Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Go Team!

Hey y'all!  I wanted to stop in and share a bag that I made the other weekend.

A sweet friend of mine had a birthday and she's a huge fan of our alma mater - NC State.  I decided to make her a fun tote ... wanna see?


I made this using the Abby Tote pattern by V & Co.  I made a few slight changes to the pattern to suit my tastes.

I used an old b&w print that I had in my stash and cut it a little differently than the pattern layout suggested .... I did this mostly to maximize my fabric for how I wanted to use it.  I am kind of glad I used a busier print since without the tie, the loops blend right in and are fairly unnoticeable.


I figured the b&w would be a great everyday and you can add a scarf or tie in just about any color. I thought this red chevron was too cute, though ... especially for a game day giving!  :-)

I also lengthened the straps a little and interfaced the entire bag (except the bottom portion of the lining) with both SF-101 and a layer of duck cloth to give it a little more body and durability.  After making my Super Tote, I really enjoy having a bag that I feel is tough enough for everyday.

What's your favorite tote pattern to make?

Happy Sewing! :-)

3 comments:

  1. What a great bag, and making changes to the pattern makes it your own, the bow just sets off that the black/whit fabric and I like the idea of being able to change out the bow. I love all bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very similar pattern, the Juliet bag by Me and my Sisters designs, is a fav "go to" bag for me. Love being able to switch out scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I don't have a favorite tote, but my favorite bag to make and use is the Zoe Messenger Bag by Schlosser Designs. The perfect size and I can add custom pockets. I have made 3 of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)