Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hexagon Needle Book

Happy Weekend, y'all!

I joined a swap on Flickr where we made needle books for our secret swap partner and my swap partner requested turquoise as her main color.  I loved these hexagon books I made with the Keyka Lou swatch book cover patterns and I decided to adapt the pattern a bit to make my needle book cover.

I used a bunch of different prints for this and made the flap to match the hexagon it would cover.  I really liked the way it turned out and kind of wish that I didn't have to send it to someone else! ;-)

I used a piece of felt on the inside to stick needles, etc. through.  I added a few needles and pins for her as well as another little surprise in the pocket.

Here's the final package all set to mail ... it is probably half way to her by now! :-)

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Was this the business card holder thing? I want this soooo bad. This exact one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,

    I used the Swatch Book cover pattern and just made it a little wider. I did quilt mine instead of interface it, but otherwise, I pretty much followed her directions. Hope this helps! :-)

    Please let me know if you have any other questions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)