Sunday, July 31, 2011

Practicing

Hi there ...

I've been practicing my embroidery skills this weekend while doing a bit of traveling.  I figured I couldn't go five days without making something and didn't want to lug my machine and assorted accessories.  I saw this picture several weeks ago on Flickr and loved it and thought it would be a good project to bring along for the ride.  I decided to try the original design first (you can find it here).

Well, so far it is going pretty well. (I think ... this is my first embroidery project!) I wish I had brought along a smaller hoop to work with.  I'm using the dark grey perle from the Little Apples Perle Sampler kit on Bella White.  It's not as stark as black but will contrast well with whatever buttons end up on this.  I am also doing mine a little smaller than her original size.  (Mostly because I forgot to resize the picture! haha)  I definitely need to work on my circles but I'm enjoying the process.  Thanks to Clover &Violet for all the great stitch tutorials! :-)

That's all for now y'all!  Hope you've been having a great weekend.  :-)

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! It looks lovely from where I'm sitting...I really appreciate Clover and Violet too! I have my stitching to work on this week. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)