Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Sewing ...

Hiya!  I can't believe its nearly December already ... it is SO time to buckle down on all my holiday sewing. What is on your holiday sewing list?  :)

Speaking of which, I made another stocking this weekend.  I used my previous pattern and tutorial, but changed the spiral a little.  And I used fabrics from Ruby as well as a print from Bliss.

I also added some grosgrain and mini ric rac stripes for a little something extra. I think I like it. :-)

I made a small change in the hanging loop ... I put it in the lining.  I had to tack the lining down with a few stitches on the back but you can hardly see it since I matched the thread well. 

Have you made any stockings yet?  I'd love it if you'd share them in this month's Sew Lux Stitch & Share Challenge.  :-)  The entry window for the giveaway ends on Wednesday, Nov 30th.

I also plan on making some more of these little moleskin covers with the Keyka Lou Swatch Book pattern.

Did I mention that her patterns are easy to follow and with great instructions, templates and photos?  All the patterns are on sale - just $5 each - but her sale ends today!  And they are all instant download, so you can sew right away!

Today is also the last day of our big Thanksgiving sale.  Save up to 25% on everything.  Details here.

Happy Sewing! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute stocking! And thanks for the reminder about the keyka lou sale. I have a few items I've been eying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)