Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mini Quilt Swap

Hey y'all!  Did last week blow past me?  Geez ... sorry I left y'all hanging for a few days.  Last week was busy, but fun ... saw West Side Story at our performing arts center, watched my students graduate, and so many other things here and there.  But, I have two more workdays and then I am free for a few weeks.  Very.excited. :-D

Anyway, I wanted to share about the mini quilt swap I participated in that was hosted by Kris of Dandelion Quilts.  My partner was Darlene and we exchanged mini quilts.  I must admit I had a hard time getting started, but decided on a pattern from Simplify and used my charms from the Red & Aqua swap hosted by Kelsey not too long ago.  Here's my finished product ... 


I figured red & aqua was safe ... a classic combo that many quilters enjoy.  I really like how I quilted it with the diagonal straight lines.  (With the help of my trusty FriXion pen.) 


Unfortunately, it was rainy when I took these photos.  I used some Half Moon Modern for the backing.  And I had some yardage of the one red dot print so I used it for the binding.  Loving dots and stripes for bindings. 


Well, I kind of hated to have to mail this one off, but fortunately I received this awesome mini from Darlene. Love the California Girl that she used!  The colors and prints are so pretty.


Love the little polka dot blocks in the sashing, too.  :)


Thanks so much, Darlene, for the awesome mini quilt and Kris for hosting! 

See y'all tomorrow.  Promise. :-) 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)