I started by tracing some rings onto interfacing. Then ironing them to different prints, cutting them out and fray checking the edges.
I laid out the rings using a picture from the Internet as a guide for how they connected. I cut each ring in one place and tucked them under and over each other, hiding the cut ends under the adjoining ring. I used a little bit of Stitch Witchery to tack the rings in place.
Next, I used matching thread and a short (and narrow) zig zag stitch to applique the pieces in place.
Add some borders ... I used a linen-look fabric.
Quilt and bind as you like. I kept it simple. :-)
I even made a little label for the back. (Forgot to take a photo of the back.)
There it is ... hope you enjoyed my process picture post.
Happy Sewing! :-)