Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sparkle Bee Blocks

We're sitting around watching college basketball at the Sew Lux house tonight.  Are you a college basketball fan?  The "big game" (UNC vs Duke) will be on shortly ... as an NCSU grad, I wish they could both lose!

Anyway, I wanted to share some bee blocks that I recently completed.  These "sparkle" blocks were made using this tutorial from Canoe Ridge Creations.  We were asked to make the centers scrappy and I think that is going to make this charity quilt really fun.


I used some scraps from Good Fortune, Ruby, and Essential Dots for this block.  Bella Solids White and Turquoise for the HST and corner blocks.


And I think this is my favorite of the two - the bold colors are awesome together.  My Good Morning honeycomb bundle has come in soooo handy for my last few rounds of bee blocks.

Have any of you made this block before?  It was pretty easy, but does require a lot of trimming with all those HST.  (Trimming them is my least favorite part of anything with HST!)

Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)