Thursday, March 7, 2013

First Quilts : The Biggest

I'm back to share another of my first quilts with you.  This one is definitely the biggest quilt I have ever made.  And honestly, I have no idea why I made this so big!  This one was probably made between 2002 and 2005, but I wasn't keeping good records then!


Anywho ... the stack and whack crazy quilt thing was pretty popular at the time.  I picked a bunch of prints based one multicolored print in the quilt and had at it.


I actually had this quilt professionally quilted and this is my favorite quilting design.  I often doodle a similar design on agendas in boring work meetings. :-)


I remember selecting a backing was a challenge since I wanted it to be just right.  The quilt shop I went to has since closed, but I still remember how sweet the owner was to take the time to help me audition so many options and finally settle on this one and the Moda Marble Dot I used for the border and binding.  I know that if Sew Lux ever opens up a retail storefront, I'll want to be as helpful to our customers as that owner was to me.

Well that is all for now.  My students and I had a very successful DECA competition earlier this week and I'm whipped!  I will be locking myself in my sewing room this weekend to finish up some projects!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)