Tuesday, August 6, 2013

In Progress : 16 Patch

What's stitchin' y'all?

I managed spend quite a bit of time stitching this past weekend and I must say it was pretty glorious to spend several hours stitching away at my leisure.

I got to hang out Saturday morning with my friend Sarah of Stitching & Bacon and we nerded out about fabric and quilts over coffee.  Super fun to talk fabric with her as many of my "real life friends" aren't quilters. She was telling me about her 16-patches and how fun and fast they were, so the decision was made!  Of course, I had to make one too.

Then when the mail came that afternoon and I saw the new HGTV magazine, I was inspired by the color combo on the front.


I had intended to go with pink, aqua, red and B&W low volume, but ended up nixing the red.


What do you think?  I whipped out 12 blocks in an evening and pieced the 30 x 40 baby quilt together rather quickly.

I did start quilting this on Sunday, but due to a tension issue, have since picked the quilting out.  Ugh.  I really think a different backing would be better too, so I have a feeling I will be unbasting and rebasting at some point this week.  I'll keep you posted!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

8 comments:

  1. I love it. The good ole 16 patch really lets the colors be the star! Thanks for the inspiration...I am gathering fabrics for a low volume now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and feminine. Love it with the B & W low volume - I really must get some for my stash. One day when cars don't need fixing and sewing machines don't break down. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked at how fast they come together. I got most of a twin sized 16 patch done in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really pretty! I spent three days unpicking last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blocks are so pretty, I saw your picture on flickr or instagram, can't remember. I have one of these quilts on my list, yours is inspiring me to get to is soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great seeing you on Saturday! We need to do it again soon! Seriously, this has to be one of the most fun ways to put together a quilt. It is nice to just turn off the thinking for a project and just piece. I am quilting mine now too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is fun to see where you got your inspiration from to make that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny - I almost bought this magazine just because of that cover picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)