Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sunnyside Super Tote

Hey y'all!

Last weekend, we had a mother-daughter sew down and I made it my business to make a Super Tote by Noodlehead. And I am so glad I did!


This bag was pretty easy to put together and one I would definitely make again.  I also was fortunate to have Lee there to help me as she has made several.  (Thanks, Lee!)

I used some Essex Yarn-Dyed linen for the sides and straps.  All the other fabrics are from the gorgeous Sunnyside collection by Kate Spain.  I used prints from the Shade and Opal color way and I love how it turned out.  Like. really. love. it.


This tote is actually really quite large.  I was surprised at how much stuff I could fit in it.  I did make a few changes to the pattern.  I only put one set of elasticized pockets on the inside.


I also top stitched over the straps at the top of the bag to hold them in place and keep the bag from rolling down.  I also fully lined the front pocket and used extra interfacing in several places as well as a layer of cotton duck to help with the shape.

I really love how it turned out.  Did I mention that already?!

Happy Sewing! :-)

6 comments:

  1. its beautiful! love the colours and the noodlehead pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this bag, too - took it to Quilt Festival tonight and filled it up - it is HUGE and lovely and wonderful and it was a great pattern! Love your fabrics, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabrics - I just made this, too! It is a great pattern and makes a very sturdy, huge bag. I made the same sorts of modifications - really stiffened it up! I love this bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)