Sunday, October 13, 2013

SURMA Medallion Along

Hey y'all!

Last month, I shared about my SURMA medallion along with some of my friends from Sew South, and the Christmas-themed center I made for mine.

I got a pretty amazing center from Tessa at The Sewing Chick.   And when I saw amazing, its no joke ... check out this paper piecing ...


I decided to frame her New York Beauty blocks (read more about them on Tessa's blog here) with a border of polka dots (super shocking to anyone that knows me!) and then add some geese.   Making geese doesn't bother me now that I have a Bloc Loc for them.


And here it is with my finished border added on ...


I love it and wished I didn't have to mail it on.  I can't wait to see how these medallions turn out!  (Speaking of which, here's a sneak of what just arrived for me to add to!)

Happy Sewing!  :-)


3 comments:

  1. Those black and white polka dots make it just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it looks great Chrissy!! I really like the gold and orange tones and of course the dots!! I sure would love one of those flying geese rulers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I love how the flying geese make squares at the corners

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)