At the end of the year, I started the Gene Pool quilt by Jen Kingwell. I started with a few scrap bags from Fig Tree collections and quickly realized I was short on fabric to make this big enough. (I had to downsize the pattern slightly based on the width of strips I was starting with ...)
I put out a call to my IG friends and several offered to help by sending fabric to help me finish so this was on hold for a bit while I waited on some fabric to wing its way around the world. (Quilters really are some of the best people I think.)
Anyway, I've been plugging away at this a little bit each weekend and so far I love how its turning out! Here's where I am at the moment ...
I still have several rows to finish and have found that assembling these in pairs of rows has worked out great for me. (I have a few pinned on top of each other in the middle in this photo.) I think I am about 2/3 of the way finished with this one. :-)
This pattern is really pretty easy and is really fun to play with your layout of prints and colors. It's really a great jelly roll-friendly pattern!
I'll keep you posted on this one as I go.
Happy Sewing! :-)