Saturday, May 14, 2011

Revisiting Tea Garden

Hi everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well so far ... last week got away from me at work so it was really nice to have some time today to play revisit Tea Garden.  :)

I must admit I am terrible about starting lots of projects and leaving them in various WIP stages.  I guess I kind of have crafting ADD?!  Anyway, I picked up the Tea Garden Birdies mini quilt and got it quilted today.  Here's a look at it ...

I plan to bind it in Sencha Blue, but need to get another piece of that so that I don't have a bazillion seams in the binding ... so that is my excuse for not having it completely finished yet.  But I think this is turning out really cute. :-)  I did some outline quilting on the birdies, too.

If you think you'd be interested in a kit for this project, I'd be happy to write up the directions and put a kit in the shop ... just let us know in the comments if that might strike your fancy. :)

I also played around with the scraps from this project to make an Envelope Clutch from Keyka Lou Patterns.

This pattern was very well-written and it came together quickly.  I will definitely make this again and try the mini size as well.  :-)  Here are a few pictures of the clutch ...

The inside ....

And the back ... I centered the prints on the pattern and I'm so glad that I did.  :)

This little clutch is headed to my mom this evening ... we're celebrating her birthday! :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Happy Sewing :-)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The quilting really gives it an elegant finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)