Happy Wednesday, y'all! I sure am whipped after a long day of freshmen orientation at work yesterday ... but I am really here to tell you about a new work-in-progress WIP I have going on this week. :-)
Now that I am free to "sew whatever I want" with the FSU quilt done, I got to work on some fun things I've had waiting in the wings for way to long ... including a Anne bag from Clover & Violet.
I wanted to use a bigger print for the body of the bag and decided to go with a large bouquet print from the Flora line. This fabric is just so pretty. :-) Since I didn't have pieces to guide my quilting, I grabbed a ruler and a FriXion pen and marked a grid on the fabric.
For the top band, I used a coordinating Flora print and made some ruffles by pulling the threads.
I had actually bought a ruffler foot some time ago when a store was closing. I pulled it out for this project and was disappointed to realize that the shank on the foot doesn't fit my machine. :-( But ruffling by hand wasn't that bad.
Here's the shell of the bag all ready for the lining to be added. I think its looking really good so far and the pattern is really easy to follow. :-)
Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!
Happy Sewing! :-)