Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Joy Quilt

Well ... we've dug our way out of the wrapping paper, bags, and assorted bows and tissue.  I still haven't taken down the trees and decorations yet, but maybe tomorrow.

I did finish my quilt the day after Christmas and here it is ...


It seems really small when my giant, 6'4"husband holds it up.  But it is a decent size lap quilt. :-)


I decided to call it "Christmas Joy" instead of what I will be calling the pattern ("Holiday Hustle") when I get around to doing a tutorial for this one.  :-)


This quilt was easy ... and uses one charm pack, some Bella white solid for sashing, and Joy yardage for the border, binding, and backing.


I just did some free motion stippling on this one and it washed up and crinkled nicely.  :-)

I am happy to report it was very well received and even warranted a "best gift ever" comment.  Love it when that happens.  :-)

Happy Sewing!  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I can see why it got best gift ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I'm sure you're glad to have it finished. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful and such a lovely present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What an awesome gift! :) I can't believe how quickly this came together too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and festive quilt, Chrissy! I love it and can see why it was so well received. Such a sweet gift that i'm sure will be treasured. Happy New Year to you! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)