Friday, January 24, 2014

Design Challenge : Tara at Mommy Head Adventures

I'm excited to introduce you to Tara of Mommy Head Adventures today as our newest Design Challenge blogger. I feel like I "know" Tara since she sews along with our Hop, Skip & Jump BOM and we chat alot on Instagram, so I am thrilled for you to get to know here a little too.  :)

Tara's Bio:
My name is Tara Cherry and I am from Carbondale, IL.  That is Southern Illinois, for those of you who just thought Chicago.  That is about 6 hours north of me.  I have been quilting for just over a year now.  I received my first inspiration from Hubby's great grandmother, who was one amazing woman.  The quilts we have around our home from her are exquisite, and I can only hope to be half as good as her some day.  I spend my time every day taking care of my 3 lovely children, Lilibeth (4), Ryan (3) and Benjamin (21 months) and making sure that my Hubby, Nathan, has all that he needs as well.  My blog, Mommy Head Adventures, is where I do my bidding when I have time.  You will find product reviews, my fitness journey on Wednesdays, and my quilting fun on Fridays.  When I get the time, I share about my adventures with my littles, but most of the time I am too busy doing the adventures with them to write about them.

What is on your "quilt bucket list?" 
Right now I am working on a Swoon quilt which I have always wanted to do.  After that, I am hoping to do all of the Farmer's Wife blocks in the Happy Go Lucky fabric I have been hoarding since it was released last spring.

What is your favorite sewing tool or notion?
My Bloc Loc ruler is my favorite!  I would not be able to do my half square triangles without it.  Thanks Chrissy for getting me hooked...

Where do you find inspiration for your sewing/quilting projects and what is your favorite color combination? 
I have to laugh a little at these questions.  My latest inspiration came from a pair of underwear I got my daughter for Christmas.  It is the most beautiful shade of light bluish teal with orange elastic.  It is what officially made me start my Swoon quilt since the colors were very similar to the Bluebird Park fabric I bought to make it.

Tara selected this fun bundle for her challenge.  They are available here while supplies last.


Stop by Tara's blog and to see her project tutorial.

Happy Sewing!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)