Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lazy Sunday Quilt Along

Hey there friends!

I am really excited to announce a brand new Quilt Along today.  My friend Lee of May Chappell has a great layer cake pattern called Lazy Sunday.  I know this to be easy and fast to piece as I watched her piece two in one weekend at a sewing retreat!  I've been planning to make one for a few months now and thought it would be fun to make one with other stitchy peeps ... so here we go with a quilt along!  :-)

And since you can't have a quilt along without prizes, let's get right down to the details:

STITCH IT UP:
Piece a Lazy Sunday quilt - you'll need the pattern, a layer cake, and coordinating backing & binding
(This pattern can also be made with FQs.)

SHOW IT OFF:
I'll be sharing my progress here on the blog AND on Instagram.  Here's my plan:
1/26/14 - Prepping all my supplies & getting ready to piece by blocks
2/2/14 - Piece the top
2/9/14 - Quilt it up
2/16/14 - Finish & bind

PRIZES: 
We'll have a linky available 2/16/14 - 3/9/14 for you to link up your finished Lazy Sunday quilt.   We'll choose a random winner for a $30 gift certificate to our shop.  Winner will be announced 3/12/14.

Are you on Instagram?  Tag your progress photos with #lazysundayqal and #isewwithsewlux and you could win!  We'll choose a weekly winner to win a PDF of their choice from May Chappell patterns - a winner will be chosen and announced here on the blog and on Instagram on 1/26, 2/2, 2/9, and 2/16.

Need a layer cake or pattern?  We've got you covered!  Save 10% on both layer cakes and the Lazy Sunday pattern now through 1/26/14.


Are you in?  I hope so!

Happy Sewing!  :-)


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I think I can actually find the time for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to make another one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered the pattern and a layer cake. I am excited to do this. Sounds so low stress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)