Sunday, June 1, 2014

Spinning in the Rain BOM : Block 1


Happy June 1st!

We're so excited to kick off our brand new BOM this month.  Spinning in the Rain is a 12-month series and each month we will make a different pinwheel based block.  We're starting with an quick and simple block to ease us in to the BOM since summer is upon us.

The first pattern was sent out this morning and I whipped my blocks up in no time.


What's up with my two blocks?  Well, we had two different kits ... one in April Showers (kit now sold out) and one in Color Me Happy.  I couldn't decide which I wanted to make, so I thought it would be fun to make one as a mini.  And you can too!

Since minis are all the rage, I've decided to include the measurements for a smaller version with each month's pattern.  Just follow the same directions with the smaller pieces.  Hope you love that added bonus!

Want to sew along with us?  You can still get a kit in Color Me Happy (for a few more days) or get just the PDF Pattern subscription for $15.  Learn more here.

Don't forget to tag your blocks on IG with #spinningintherainBOM

Happy Sewing!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)