Sunday, October 11, 2015

Thimble Blossoms Sampler Week 4 - 9 Patches

Welcome back!  I hope you are having fun sewing along on this QAL ... How did you did with your house blocks last week?

This week, we are making the last of the blocks we will need from the Summerville pattern by Camille at Thimble Blossoms.


These little 9 patch blocks are point come together quickly.  You can see that I elected to use low volumes in the outer corners and replaced the middle background square with another print for some variety.  Feel free to make these however you want! 


One thing I wanted to make sure to point out in the pattern is that you need to trim the 9 patch before adding the corner pieces to complete the block.  The pattern calls for this (I may have missed it with my first block!) and you will have a hard time getting your finished block the correct size without cutting off points if you don't.  For me, it was about a 1/8" off each side.  


You will need 8 blocks total.  I haven't sewn mine together yet since I may switch up the layout a little on the top row of the quilt (more about that later). 

I hope you are having fun sewing along.  Share a link or tag me on Instagram (@sewlux) and use #TBScrappySamplerQAL so I can see your little neighborhood!

Have a great weekend and I will see you next Friday with the Flower Patch block. :)

Happy Sewing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)