Today, I am excited to share our first stitch along project. Many of you have said you need some smaller projects ... and I know how that is! They take less time and fewer materials and let's face it ... it's nice to finish up a project quick. (I don't know about you, but I have a lot of WIPs, UFOs, and stacks of fabrics that have been looking at me from the shelf for quite some time! :-)
So are you ready?! For this first stitch along, we're going to make a small pinwheel quilt. It's a beginner-friendly quilt and it would be great for a new little person or to hang on the wall. If you are new to quilting, this will be a great project. If you're a seasoned veteran, we'll this will be an easy breezy project! :-) So, I want you to check out your stash and get some supplies ready!
Here's what you'll need to get started ...
- Six fat quarters (OR a layer cake or large scraps - you'll need 15 or 16 - 10" squares) for the quilt top
- One yard for the backing
- Half a yard for the binding
- Week 1 (Mon. 3/14): Choose and Prepare Your Fabrics
- Week 2 (Mon 3/21): Piece Your Quilt Top
- Week 3 (Mon 3/28): Quilt and Finish Your Masterpiece :-)
- Week 4 (Mon 4/4): Show and Tell