Monday, August 20, 2012

Modernista Homemade Swap Received

Happy Monday!

We had all of our "welcome back" meetings at school today ... and this year it was actually pretty fun! The school I work at is a great school and we had a lot to celebrate from last year.  Our principal and assistant principals had a big celebration planned for us to start our day of meetings... part of which included us all doing the cupid shuffle (kind of like an updated electric slide).  Just imagine your high school teachers dancing on the auditorium stage!  It was fun.  :-)

Anyway, I wanted to share the package I received from Cherie in the Modernista Handmade Swap a few weeks ago.  (I posted the project I made here.)


I got a super cute little pin cushion and fun embroidery hoop.


I love the English paper pieced star that she included.  I always love those intricately pieced stars and roses and only wish I could squeeze that into my schedule!  I also think its neat to think about how the hand piecing  (and hand quilting) ties us to our quilting ancestors. :-)

Thanks, Cherie, for such a fun package!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)