Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lazy Sunday QAL : Supplies

Its time for our first Lazy Sunday QAL update!   This week is all about the supplies and getting ready to piece this baby! 

You can make this quilt using either a layer cake or a stack of fat quarters.  I am choosing to use a layer cake because it provides variety and also makes it super easy to just get started!

I chose to use Scrumptious for this one.  I love Bonnie & Camille's collections and this one is no exception!  The flowers, dots, pinks, minty aquas ... all of it!


I will be slicing my layer cake up this evening and plan to sew the blocks using chain piecing over the course of this week - this will make quick work of the forty blocks.  In fact, there are seven seams so I may just go for one set a day.  :-)  I will update my progress on Instagram this week.

And speaking of Instagram, I randomly pulled a winner for this week's IG participant prize ... drum roll ...


And the winner is Sewruthie14!  I will tag you on IG to let you know how to claim your prize of any May Chappell pattern of your choice. :-)

There's still time to join us - grab a layer cake and a pattern (and on sale, but the sale ends today) and join the fun!  See more about our schedule here.

Happy Sewing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)