Thursday, August 11, 2011

B's Quilt

Happy almost Friday, y'all!  This is my last weekend before teacher workdays kick off next week and I'm trying to get a lot of things off my to-do and want-to-do lists before I head back to the real world. 

This week, I created a smallish quilt for my "nephew" - my bestie's baby is who about 10 months old.  Mama loves owls and when I saw this fabric while dropping off my machine for service a few weeks ago, I knew I had found the perfect print for a quilt for B.

I finished the binding this morning and took some photos with my Droid 3 when I delivered it - so I'm sorry that they aren't the amazing quality. But here is the whole quilt ...

And here is the back ...

And a closer view of the first two rows of blocks.  (My favorite is the one where the owl and squirrel look like they're having a conversation.) 

You can see the free motion quilting in the narrow borders a little better in this photo. Love the loops. :-)

Aside from the owl print that I fussy cut and used for the back as well as the multi-color print with the yellow background from the same line, all the other prints were from my stash.  (Well ... maybe a little Essential Dots in grass green and orange as well! ;-)  I'm so glad I finally found a use for that stripe as well!  The colors are super bright and a bit wild, but I think it all works together well.

And, I made a sweet label...  A little appliqued initial and a note using a permanent fabric pen. 

Even though I finished this in less than a week, I wouldn't say that I have mastered my quilting ADD.  I have another owl quilt that I need to start on and a many other projects in various stages of completeness.  Hope to remedy that tomorrow and this weekend!

Happy Sewing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)